So today is day 238 in my 1,000 day journey and where am I... well to be perfectly honest, I'm not any further along in my health dreams than I was a few weeks after starting... I have asked myself repeatedly - what is my stumbling block, why can't I move beyond this weight issue... the answer, is because I wasn't ready.
I read this most amazing book called the Jack Rabbit Factor written by Leslie Householder (you can actually download a free copy on her website www.ThoughtsAlive.com) and NO I am not getting any money for promoting her site or her book - in fact she has NO idea who I am or that I am even blogging about this.
Getting back on topic, this book touched me in such a profoundly deep way I am still struggling to wrap my head around all the concepts, but my heart is singing out and I am so excited about it that I know in my gut that this has to be that missing piece of the pie. You see I have been working with the most wonderful people in my mastermind group who have been telling me very similar things for the last year, but it wasn't until I read this book that it all just "clicked".
There is power to words and an energy in the universe that I am only just beginning to understand - it is so difficult to explain that literally thousands of books have been written on this life energy. People know it is there, it is just beyond the normal scope of thinking to truly grasp what it is and how it impacts our life on a daily basis.
For lack of a better term - lets just say there is a "force" and we can use that force to open all kinds of opportunities that we previously denied ourselves.
In Leslie Householder's book she has this one section that really hit home for me personally;
A father is trying to explain this "force" to his teen son and the speech goes like this...
"Son, to help you understand this, let's talk about people that try to 'lose weight'. So long as they are focused on 'losing weight' they are setting themselves up for failure. Why? Because when our subconscious minds here that we've 'lost' something, it automatically kicks into gear in an effort to help us 'find' what we have lost. When it hears the word 'weight', it automatically associates the term with synonyms such as 'heaviness' or 'paper weight' or 'weights and measures'. So to set a goal to 'lose weight' a person is actually programming their subconscious mind to 'find heaviness'!"
"So what should they do instead?" (the son asked)
"They should write a date and then express how grateful they are now that they enjoy a healthy, energetic, slender body."...
"And they should spend more time looking at slim pictures of themselves than they do looking at themselves in the mirror. Doing so will help their subconscious mind eventually be in harmony with the results they seek, and the results will come more naturally, and more permanently. Looking in the mirror all the time and checking the scale every day only reinforces the heavy image they are trying to overcome."...
"Same thing goes for getting out of debt. People need to quit setting goals for getting out of debt because they're programming their mind to focus on debt. Doing so will only attract a constant supply of debt into their life. Not only that, but they'd be training their subconscious mind to constantly pay down debts. Do you know what that means? When their bills are finally paid off, their subconscious minds will panic. No debts to pay, but a well-established order to pay off debts. To solve this problem, it will automatically lead the person to create more debt."...
Like I said this book was really DEEP but it clarified things in such a unique and moving way that I was actually able to grasp the meaning behind it all.
We are what we think and do. Or as Leslie writes "your subconscious mind accepts anything we give it as truth. Then it kicks things into gear to make sure that what it believes to be true is your reality"
It is such a complicated concept - but it is also a simple one once you get your head wrapped around it.
We are what we think and do...
So on the next blog will be my goal written in a completely different way that aligns my subconscious with my outcome.
Kay Kinder
1,000 days to health and wealth
No comments:
Post a Comment