It seems we all have excuses why we don't do the things we need to do to succeed. I'm also guilty of this. For the last 5 months I have been dealing with a frozen shoulder that has been causing not only immobility in my primary arm (left) but also extreme pain especially at night. This has pretty much eliminated my exercise which is my personal Achilles heal. I HAVE to exercise or I remain stuck where I am while I loose more and more mobility each day.
So this past weekend I decided that pain or no pain, I wasn't going to let my body continue deteriorating. When life throws limits in your way you can chose to hang on to them as excuses for failure or you can choose to overcome them as temporary hurdles.
For the last 3 days I have gone hiking each afternoon for a minimum of 45 minutes. Where I live in Canada is some of the most beautiful scenic trails although they can be quite challenging due to the rocky terrain. Although my shoulder still hurts like a bugger - my sore legs are now taking over in the uncomfortable ache areas. But the discomfort only reminds me that I am one step closer to my dreams - one step closer to better health - one step closer to better balance - one step closer to the fun me who loves the outdoors.
I choose to step outside my comfort zone, I choose to embrace the discomfort that reminds me I am still alive. I choose to live.
No more poor pitiful me - there is nothing to pity here - only a woman who after 81 days of being stuck finally said - enough is enough. I'm off to go hiking once again this afternoon and the weather couldn't be more beautiful.
Each step I live
Kay Kinder
1,000 days to health and wealth
No comments:
Post a Comment