Yesterday I was reading something that reminded me of an important lesson that I seem to have forgotten. The dreaded food diary.
It is a fact that 75% of the people who lose weight and keep it off keep food diaries - the reason why this is such a successful tool is because it makes you consciously aware of everything you eat and in doing so it makes you accountable for everything you eat.
I have been so buried in work and building my millions that I forgot to incorporate this very important tool that can drastically change my chances of success and since I am committed to succeed this tool is not optional - it is a necessity.
So as of yesterday I started keeping a food diary.
Life isn't about making wealth - life is about living, sharing, staying healthy so that I can live longer and do more, the wealth is simply a tool to use to help others while allowing me to live a lifestyle with the freedom to choose what I want to do each day - instead of being forced to work in order to survive.
So once more I am reminded of my priorities - health leads to wealth - wealth without health leads to death... Health first.
On the plane they tell you to put your oxygen mask on FIRST then help whoever is with you second - There is a reason for this - you can't help them if you pass out or die because you put your health second.
Today I give myself permission to put my own health first so that I may serve others as a result of that health.
Hard reminders - but I also knew this wasn't going to be an easy journey. It is a change in learned behavior patterns, it is a change in beliefs (doing what I know is right instead of doing what I usually do which is put myself last on the list of importance).
Today I am grateful for the painful reminders that keep me accountable each day.
Today I am grateful for my health - that I am still able to do things even with this bad shoulder. No migraines today - nothing to slow me down!
Today I am grateful to God who watched over the people in Hatteras NC moving that hurricane so that it only brushed the small towns as a tropical storm - another reminder of how fragile life is and how grateful we must be for each day given to us.
Today I am alive and well and looking forward to the small steps that will lead me to my dreams while never forgetting that today is to be celebrated and enjoyed too.
Kay Kinder
1,000 days to health and wealth
No comments:
Post a Comment