Today is day 53 of my 1,000 day journey and although it doesn't seem like I am getting anywhere - I am actually making good headway. Results however will take more time to start showing.
My home life was turned upside down this past weekend as I tore my house apart for some serious cleaning. The goal was two fold - to get my house as dust free as possible (my partner is allergic to dust) and to start going through old things to be thrown out making space available so I don't feel so cluttered.
One of the things that slows people down from being successful is clutter. Clutter is distracting, it makes it more difficult to find what you are looking for (which consumes valuable time), and it simply an eye sore. By eliminating clutter I have made my home more welcoming, I have a place for things now, and I am no longer distracted by the piles of unfinished projects that will never get done.
I made good use of my work cleaning system - reapplying it to home cleaning:
Do it (finish it)
Date it (to be done)
Delete it (throw it out)
Delegate it (give it to someone else)
Deliberate (things I am not ready to throw out, kept to one small box for review later)
If I really couldn't decide where to put it - then I threw it out (garbage or charity bag).
It is a slow process cleaning out 50 years of living - but the results have been very rewarding so far. I can breath easier (and so can Dave) and I am finding places for things. My goal is to finish this "life cleaning" of my main floor & second floor by the end of this weekend.
Of course this is only ONE step towards my success - but it is an important one as it will allow me to stay more focused on my goals.
The second success I had was finally finding an app for tracking my weight, food diary, and activities. After spending the last 4 days fussing with apps that did not work I finally found one that DOES WORK.
Live Strong (www.Livestrong.com is the website) has an app that tracks it all and is easy to use from my iphone.
I know tracking my meals, weight & activities is all part of the process and is a vital part of achieving my personal health goals. So with my new app and my cleaner surroundings I feel like I am ready now to take on the challenges facing me.
Every step I make counts - so I am stepping into my healthier life filled with abundance!
Today I am grateful for being able to work even with the limited mobility of my left arm. I was still able to tackle my clutter one armed!
Today I am grateful for my new app which allows me to track my progress with ease from my iphone.
Today I am grateful for this day - another chance to make a difference, another step towards being the best me that I can be, another step towards having more to share with others.
Today is a great day and I am truly blessed!
Kay Kinder
1000 days to health and wealth
No comments:
Post a Comment