Today I am dragging my butt but once again it has more to do with lack of sleep than anything else.
I have maintained my 7 pound weight loss so far which I am delighted with.
I don't expect to see drastic weight loss quickly because I refuse to deny myself the joys of living - this isn't about radical change - it is about consistent lifestyle moderation changes that lead to a longer healthier life without the higher risks of extreme yo-yo weight loss. I am NOT dieting, I am living a healthier lifestyle that will manifest itself in many ways including weight loss and the ability to do and enjoy more things in life.
This is why I am giving myself 1,000 days for 100 pounds - it means only 1 pound loss every 10 days which is easily achievable through small consistent changes to my daily intake and activity level.
For me the goal is not what I live for, but is a target that I can incorporate into my daily living. The journey takes on more importance as it is the small daily decisions that create success or failure in life. Every decision is an opportunity to choose a better life for myself.
Today I choose to be healthy, today I choose to be happy, today I choose living.
Today I am grateful for this past weekend spent with my daughters
Today I am grateful for my exhausted dog who is happy just sleeping today giving me more uninterrupted focus on my work goals
Today I am grateful for the laughter that Dave adds to each morning
Every day above ground is a great day!
Kay Kinder
Kay Kinder
No comments:
Post a Comment